In order to reduce the school’s carbon footprint and ensure future environmental stability, the girls have set themselves the ambitious challenge of raising the £28,000 needed to install a ground source heat pump and photovoltaic solar panels on the school’s Trevean building.
The building is about to undergo major renovations as part of a brand new business and enterprise initiative that will see girls appointed CEOs of their own commercial company.
Sage, Viv and Hannah are hoping for the environmental project to become their legacy as they take the next steps on to university. They want to inspire future generations of Truro High students to dream big about how they can be a positive force for change.
Sage said: “It’s very easy to become swept away in the challenges of our personal lives which can cause us to overlook the challenge we all face as a global community. We feel the time is now to face this challenge head on and do our bit to tackle the climate emergency. There is untapped natural energy all around us, and we want to harness that energy to power our school.”
As part of the appeal, the girls have some incredible lots up for grabs in their Online Silent Auction. All funds will go towards their environmental legacy project.
Lots on offer include:
- Admiral’s Afternoon Tea for two at the Nare Hotel
- Two tickets for the concert of your choice at the Eden Sessions
- A 30 minute private flight that will allow a family of up to three people to experience the thrill of flying over the beautiful coastline of either North Cornwall or South Cornwall
- Pet photoshoot at the Pawtrait Studio with a 8×10″ mounted fine art print
- 2 hours kayak or SUP hire for 2 people at Loe Beach Watersports
- Iconic Cornish Ware Mugs
- Jessamy Keily Art ‘Go Against the Flow’ print
- Handmade delicacies from Rustic Cakes
- A truly unique BassWoodCraft ring
- £50 voucher for BF Adventure
- 2 Tickets to Flambards
- A subscription to Origin Coffee
- Goodies and treats from Rodda’s Dairy
- Coasteering for Two with Cornish Wave
- A guided Koru Kayak Adventure either on the North Coast or Frenchman’s Creek
- A 2-month personalised bodybuilding programme from Unbr.kn
- 2 Children’s Tickets to Newquay Zoo
- 50% off voucher for the Greenhouse Spa Retreat including Glamping nights for up to 2 nights, spa treatments and experiences
- A Cornish Sea Pendant from Cornish Glass Jewellery
The auction starts at 5pm on Friday 26 March and will run until 10pm on Saturday 3 April. It is open to the general public and we will send you a link to access the auction via Jumblebee ahead of the event.
If you would like to donate a lot to the auction, please email Head of Sixth Form and Careers, Mrs Michelle Sharp, at firstname.lastname@example.org