Not only does Truro High School Sixth Form offer the very best academically, girls can also develop their sense of adventure and leadership skills in a supportive, caring environment.
We aim to combine top quality academic teaching with a wide range of sporting, cultural and social experiences that equip students for university, their chosen career and also for the rest of their lives. We welcome girls who have been through our Prep and Senior School but also others from across Cornwall, the UK and overseas.
- First class education both academically, personally and socially
- An invaluable level of care, guidance and support for all girls
- The opportunity to develop an increased sense of self-confidence and maximise your academic potential in a single sex environment
- Small teaching and tutor groups which ensure optimum individual attention and guidance – including help with the UCAS process
- A wide range of AS and A Levels with programmes that are tailored to you
- Students can undertake the Extended Project Qualification which has been successfully run at the school for the last 6 years
- A wide variety of enrichment activities including surfing, rowing, Critical Thinking skills, pottery, badminton and photography
- The chance to take on a variety of leadership roles within our school community
A Level results at Truro High are consistently high year-on-year with many students going on to study at Oxbridge and Russell Group universities.
This year our Year 13s achieved an impressive 59% A* or A grades compared to a national average of 26%.
The school is ranked 68th in the UK for A Level Results 2018. It’s understood to be the first time a school from Cornwall has broken into the exclusive Top 100 Independent Schools league table which considers the results of more than 2,500 private schools around the UK.
With a 100% A Level pass rate, we are also ranked in the top 5% of schools in the country for progress made by students at A Level.
Our Sixth Form Centre is a space where students can study, relax and enjoy downtime with friends. Every girl has her own study carrel and there is a designated room within the Sixth Form Centre for silent study. Wifi is available throughout.
When they’re not knuckling down to serious study, there is a bright and welcoming common room and private garden where they can chat with friends.
Many departments also designate study spaces for their Sixth Form students to work in which includes a large private studio for our artists.
THE INDIVIDUAL ATTENTION
- Each student has a personal tutor for their two years in Sixth Form who offers support, guidance and individual attention
- Each student also gets a personal reference which is essential for a successful UCAS application
- Weekly tutorial meetings to discuss any current issues
- Self review and teacher reviews every half term
- Out of hours support via email